To kick off our vacation week JB and I decided to ride our bikes to the cape. I gave all our clothes to my mom to bring down beforehand so we wouldn’t have to worry. The ride was LONG, but really kind of fun. We traveled through 20+ towns, got lost only once, had one flat tire, and made it in decent time. It got quite busy by the end of the ride, towards the Cape, which was not as fun. Wicked sketchy actually. Crossing the Bourne Bridge was white knuckles the whole way. Here we are right when we got to the house. And our post ride snacking. That night we went to Paint It Falmouth! I’ve never done one of these, neither has JB, so I was excited. Exhausted from the ride, but excited. My brother opened this place up recently in the Center of Falmouth right on Main St.
Later on in the evening, we wanted some Guac, so naturally we headed to Anejo. Our minds were blown when we saw guacamole with bacon. GENIUS! Totally remaking this ASAP. It was SO SO good. And I tried a Jalepeno cucumber Margarita. It totally hit the spot.
Ice cream followed. Obviously
We came back from the little getaway yesterday. I opened the fridge this morning and found some ripe bananas, and i picked some zucchini yesterday, so decided to make some muffins this morning. I found a recipe, and tweeked it a bit (my specialty!).
Here’s how I made my version: You need:
- 1 c. Almond Meal
- 1/2 c. Coconut flour
- 1/4 c. brown rice flour
- 1 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 t. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. shredded zucchini, squeezed and dried on paper towel.
- 2 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 c. nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 T. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with liners and spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl add mashed banana, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs- mix well. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and yogurt and mix again.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Eat up!
Have a great day!