Damn you Pinterest.
I saw this recipe less than a week ago… Here’s how you can make these little balls of heaven. I switched a few things with it.. so here you go! You DO NOT need a whole stick of butter to roll them in at the end, and cut back on the oil, add a little more pumpkin.
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. allspice
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray your mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk till combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients (oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk).
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill mini muffin tins until full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While Poppers are baking, melt butter on plate.
- In a small bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon.
- Let the poppers cool for a few minutes before rolling them around in the melted butter and then plunging them into sugar bowl.
They’re easy, and I’d say pretty darn good. I’m going to healthily recreate my next batch and substitute the flour and some other ingredients so stay tuned for THAT recipe! Perhaps- this weekend? Fall is in the air!
Perfect for Bike rides, and runs… and ahem- cyclocross? Yep- I’ve joined Fritz’s Cyclocross Team. I Ordered up a bike and I’m almost ready to go. Do I know what I’m doing? Not really, but I can bike, run, jump over things and go all out for an hour- so why not. It all started with a Strava comment- I was then asked to join the team. So here I am, waiting for my new CX bike, signing up for races. Excited and extremely nervous, but it’s something I’ve always secretly wanted to do! What’s Cyclocross you ask? Let me show you-
Sly approves me racing… do you?