I never knew JB would ever want stuffed peppers, until I mentioned it a few weeks ago. MINUS the tomato sauce of course. I honestly didn’t really think I wanted stuffed peppers either. After having them I’m so glad I made them!
I started looking at some recipes and came up with this: *If you want you can substitute ground turkey and Turkey stock.
- 1 Lb ground beef – cooked and drained of fat
- 2-3 cloves of garlic- chopped
- 1/2 onion- chopped
- 1 T cilantro or green onions- chopped
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 -3 green peppers
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1.5 c. cooked rice (I used leftover white rice, but brown rice or quinoa would work good too)
- shredded low fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Use a large pan to cook meat and drain, place on plate with paper towel.
- Saute onions for 2-3 minutes then add garlic and spices.
- add in meat and rice, pour beef stock over meat, rice and spices.
- simmer for a few minutes and mix together. (while filling is simmering..)
- cut peppers lengthwise and remove seeds.
- fill each pepper with a good amount of meat and rice mixture, packing lightly.
- place in a baking dish, cover with tin foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- top with cheese and enjoy I had mine with a side of tomato sauce, and it was awesome.
I made a bunch for freezer meals too. Instead of baking, just skip that part and wrap in tin foil and freeze. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!
Today was a perfect day for a bike ride!
JB and his buddies always ride out to this place called Rose 32 in Hardwick. They always rave about the food, so we decided to head out there today. As the last official day of summer. This place was awesome- its a cute little bakery that’s biker friendly. It has tons of pastries and food and lots of outdoor seating. It was hoppin’! JB got his favorite sticky bun and I got a few pumpkin spice cookies
We checked out some other sights on our way home… Thanks Joe for showing us!
That’s all for now- time to relax on the couch with this guy. I couldn’t have asked for a better day
Hope you’re having a good weekend!