I'm sure you swipe the lint off the lint screen after you use the dryer right? looks clear?
Well- that's NOT enough.
According to ConsumerReports.org (& thanks to Pinterest where I found this originally) - the dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh, that’s what burns out the heating unit.
Take your lint mesh screen, pour a little water on it.. did the water go through? maybe a little tiny bit, but it just sits on top right? well... think about it.
You can’t SEE the film..but it’s there. It’s what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft and static free. You know how they can feel waxy when you take them out of the box, well this stuff builds up on your clothes AND on your lint screen. THIS is also what causes dryer units to catch fire.
SoOoOoO... The best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time & to keep your electric bill lower is to take that filter out & wash it with hot soapy water & a scrub brush at least every six months...
O.K- NOW IT'S READY TO USE!