Archive for November 24th, 2011
Started the day with a quick run with Sly.. knowing I’d be sitting and eating most of the day My runs are getting better and better… thanks to PW and Courtney! Looking forward to see how I do in the 5k planned… red line?
JB had a little fun with the camera..
So- Do you call it ‘dressing’ or ‘stuffing’?
Dressing is on the side, and stuffing is well- stuffed inside..
So I guess I should call this dressing then right? But I for one am NOT using stale bread! No sir- I’m baking this delicious cornbread to make a special stuffing.
Here is how It all came together…
So- Here we go.. I used our cast iron skillet for easy clean up and even cooking
pour into preheated skillet with a little EVOO swirled around..
cut a slice and eat it. don’t worry there’s plenty for the stuffing.
I had to keep him from eating the whole skillet.. it’s that good!
- 1 T butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- this cornbread recipe! (see above silly) crumbled into chunks
- Handful fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and caramelize, remove from heat and add sage to onions then toss into large mixing bowl.
- Add the cornbread pieces to the mixing bowl, season well with salt and pepper, and give it a good toss until it’s well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, and stock, and pour that over the cornbread.
4. Spoon it all into a buttered baking dish & Bake until hot and crusty on top, about 30 minutes… ENJOY.
Hope you are having a nice relaxing Thanksgiving with your family. Gobble.. Gobble!