I'm in Love.. with these cookies and my new nephew :)
Thursday afternoon Mom and I went to visit my Sister in Law and my handsome new nephew Brendan :) We hung out for a bit at the house, then went to Derby St. Shoppes for lunch and some shopping. Despite it being a little chilly, we had a good time.
We grabbed lunch at B.good before our shopping adventure. I've always wondered what they had there, and now I'm a huge fan! It was amazing :) I got the "The Local" Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries of course. Oh man- it was good. The fries were a little soggy, but the sandwich made up for it. Looking forward to trying one of their smoothies, and kale bowls next!
Thursday Night I stayed at the Cape with Mom and then headed back yesterday afternoon. When I got home I immediately had the urge to bake. I looked in the fridge and saw a zucchini, just sitting there, waiting to be eaten... OR mixed into a chocolatey concoction and baked into a batch of cookies ;)
Chocolate Espresso Zucchini Cookies:
Makes approx. 14 cookies. Bake @ 350 for 15-20min.
- 2 C. Almond Meal
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 3 t. Coconut Sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 T. Cocoa Powder
- 1 small-ish zucchini (shredded and squeezed of excess liquid)
- 1 large egg
- 3 T. light coconut milk
- 3 T. coconut oil
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 3-4 T. chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix together egg, zucchini, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add in Wet mixture to dry ingredients. (fold in chocolate chips here).
- Using two spoons, plop a good size amount onto a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy :)
Happy Weekend gang! Hope you have something fun planned :) I'm off to work myself....
Don't forget to enter my FLIP BELT Giveaway! It ends on Monday.
Thanks for stopping by :)