I’ve got a crush. on cereal.
I’ve told you before I love my cereal. Any kind, any time. I honestly cannot keep boxed cereal in this household because it’ll be gone in a few days.
I’ve found a solution…. make my own.
Reasons this solution will help: #1. I don’t make as much as a whole box from the grocery store. #2. I know what is (and what isn’t) in in for ingredients. #3. I’ll savor it a bit more knowing I made it. #4. It’s cheaper!
I’m constantly looking at new recipes and blogs, so when I came across this one on ‘Lovely Little Kitchen’ I knew I had to try it. After it’s completely cooled, it legit tastes like it’s from the market. Sweet, crunchy and hearty. This is why granola is my absolute favorite cereal.
Here’s how I made this Coconut & Vanilla almond granola: Preheat over to 350.
- 1 c. almonds, (1/2 c. rough chopped, 1/2 c. pulsed in blender)
- 3 c. oats
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1/4 t. vanilla extract
- 1/8 t. almond extract
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut (optional)
- Mix oats, chopped and blended almonds, salt, shredded coconut and brown sugar together.
- Melt coconut oil, honey then add in extracts.
- Pour mixture over oats, and spread onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, stir and turn granola, then bake for another 5 min
- Cool completely and dig in!
I’m already looking forward to my next bowl tomorrow… see? I told you I had a crush
Thanks for stopping by!