Looking for a quick protein packed bar that doesn't taste like a candy bar? I've been meaning to make some kind of oatmeal bar and came up with this recipe. I just used what I had in the fridge and pantry. I used leftover Coconut milk from smoothies, dates in the fridge and an open bag of cashews and an overly ripe banana JB nor I dare to eat...
You can make these with whatever you have in your pantry- just be creative!
Preheat your oven to 350.
1. Mix together:
- 1 egg
- 1 C. light coconut milk (skim, almond or rice milk works too.)
- 1 Ripe banana - mashed
- 1/2 t. vanilla
2. Mix in:
- 1 scoop or protein powder (I used plain- vanilla would work too.)
- 2 C. Rolled Oats
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- dash salt
- 2 T. Wheat Germ
- 1/2 C. chopped cashews (any nut would work)
- 5 chopped dates (optional)
3. Pour into a 9x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper for easy removal.
4. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
5. Cut up into squares and enjoy!
It's a perfect mid morning snack you won't feel guilty about ;)
Hope you like them! Time for me to head outside and enjoy this sunny day while it lasts.
Thanks for stopping by!